Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Update on us...

Ok, so I know I have done a terrible job at keeping this blog updated but in my defense I rarely have my two hands to myself. If I am not working, exercising, cooking, nursing or sleeping, I am spending time with my little boy. There is very little downtime for me lately but luckily we have a long weekend upon us and I am hoping to get caught up on quite a few things. Plus, I really enjoy being busy so motherhood has nothin’ on me!

So to recap what we have been up to these days…. We are truly weekend warriors. We live for our weekends. We have been super busy traveling the past two months and are now looking forward to some quiet time at home over the summer.  

Over Easter, we celebrated a much needed first family vacation with a trip to California. Matt and I truly adore wine; we love the process of making it, visiting wineries and farms and tasting all the varieties of wine. We try to get out to San Francisco and Napa and Sonoma Valley once a year, normally in the fall. 




We postponed the trip this year, until I had Brock so I could enjoy it a bit more. I think most people thought it was nuts that we were taking him on such a long flight at 3 months but honestly we figured it is never too early for him to experience our love of traveling and for us to get used to traveling with kids. I was shocked by how well Brock did traveling.

We drove to Orlando to take the only direct flight to San Fran from Florida. It was a long but direct six hour trip. There was not one open seat on the plane! Brock sat in my lap and enjoyed looking out the window, playing with his toys and flirting with all the passengers. He never fussed one time on the flight.What a blessing! I just knew we were going to be ‘those people’ with the annoying infant crying but we weren’t! Hoorah! We spent the next five days in wine country eating delicious food, trying new wines, enjoying some spa time and lots of walking! It was a blast. We even got to catch up with our buddy, Sarah Schmidt, who we met in Greece on our 5 year wedding anniversary. Sarah is living in Palo Alto right now (she is a traveling nurse) and was able to come spend a day with her. It’s random but we have been able to meet up with Sarah and Amanda (another Greece buddy) multiple times over the past year and a half in random cities.


Our buddy Sarah and Brock 


Some highlights from the trip:

-       Craftsman Inn B&B, where we have stayed many times before, but this time was even more special with Brock. They had an Easter basket for him on Sunday morning with a My First Easter onsie. So incredibly sweet! We rented three of their five rooms and it really felt like we had the place to ourselves.
-       Matt and his dad went to a sunrise service in Calistoga where they watched the geyser go off as hot air balloons rose from the ground. He said it was amazing.

-     Wondering spa afternoon at the Lavender Hill Spa, Matt and I treated my mom to a bath   treatment  and  massages for her birthday and my birthday. I had a Thai bath that was too die for.

     -         Cave tour of Schaumberg ‘champagne’ or sparkling wine. Such an amazing process to learn.

-       Taking Brock around in the baby Bjorn and meeting lots of new people with him. It’s so amazing to experience events with your child. Much more fulfilling than doing it on your own.


Family Shot: 


 Love this kid!


 Easter morning
 My Easter onsie
 Such a ham..
 Wiped out!
 Group Shot :)
 I got my own seat on the way home !


And, although I know Brock won’t remember the trip, we have LOTS of pictures to show him of his first vacation.

Besides our big trip to California we have spent time at the beach, visiting the farm house in Greenville, seeing family and friends in Tallahassee and Bradenton.

Matt and I also had a wonderful weekend away at the Casa Monica in St Augustine to celebrate our good friend, Lindsay’s wedding. It was the most beautiful wedding and we were so happy to get to go. I couldn’t we happier for her and her new husband Zach. We also spent 4 days in Las Vegas for a President’s Club trip for Matt over Mother’s Day weekend. My mom was gracious enough to watch Brock the whole time and he spent some special one on one time with his Gigi and Poppy at the farm. They spent time riding around on the tractor, looking at the pine trees and gardening. He also went into Tallahassee to visit his Gramma Elaine and his Aunt Kay Kay. He loves them so much. I was sad not to see him on Mother’s Day but I know we will have so many more together and he was loved on by everyone around him. Four days was a long time to miss him but I know that I need my time away and he was very happy to visit everyone.

We have some fun trips planned later in the summer. We will be heading to a beach house on Anna Maria the week of July 4th to enjoy some rest and relaxation. We are looking forward for Brock to meet his Aunt Meredith, Uncle Fritz and cousin’s William and Chase for the first time. Brock will also turn 6 months old that week! So crazy how fast the year is going. We are also looking to take a trip with just the three of us in October to New England for a week. We want to rent a car and drive along the coast of Maine etc. We plan to stop in Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard. We had talked about visiting Chile and Argentina but decided that we wanted to plan something we could take Brock on with us. We will miss Zeke but he really hates flying so he will probably have a staycation at home while we are away.

This weekend we plan to head to the pool, have a couple BBQ’s, head to Crescent Beach on Sunday with friends and enjoy Memorial Day together. I will update the next blog this weekend with Brock’s development.

Love to all. Happy Memorial weekend!
XOXO,

Christy  

No comments:

Post a Comment