Sunday, December 18, 2011

Brock's Nursery is finally done!

So excited to say that we have finally finished Brock's nursery, do you hear that, Brock?! We are done so you can come join us early if you want to ( one can hope, right?). I am starting my 38th week of pregnancy and I am so happy that all of our loose ends are finally done. Car is even clean and the car seat is installed! Its been a busy month, to say the least! So back to the nursery.

I feel like we have been working on it all year, I know it hasn't been that long, but it feels like it. From talking about ideas, to meticulously going through fabric etc etc... its been a long time. And I have to say, we really couldn't be happier with it. We spent the better part of today hanging things and organizing everything. It was actually quite relaxing and we had a good time doing it.

I think my favorite part of it has to be the dresser. I had this idea to find a French provincial style dresser and distress it to match the sprout green color of the fabric. Matt thought I was nuts, but gave in and it was a really fun project to do together. I think at one point he really wished I could just pick out something from a catalog and be done with it, but he was a good sport and in the end he really loved it also.

Here are some fun pics from our labor of love,






 our fur baby, Zeke



And finally the bassinet all set up in our room. It makes it very 'real' to have everything done now but it also just feels so good to know we are ready, as ready as you can be I should say. So for the next little bit of time we can relax, enjoy Christmas and just wait for our little boy to join us.

Our doctor is taking this week off to spend with her family in Tampa so we have been ordered to keep him in for at least a week. I am crossing my fingers its between Christmas and New Years. Considering he was almost 8 pounds last week, I am really hoping he comes early!

Ok, I have to get to bed but I just had to post this before I crashed. Hope everyone enjoys this week leading up to Christmas.

All the best,
Christy

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! You did a great job and you should be very proud! :) I think my favorite part is the crib---gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete